Course Description: This course will teach participants the basic
fundamentals of self-sufficiency through financial literacy. For five (5) weeks along with (60) minutes each week, this class will teach participants how to become independent and to break the cycle of dependency. It is important that we acquire an understanding and wisdom on our basic necessities for survival. Through this training, participants will become equipped with the basic skills to create, find purpose, and have confidence in their abilities to become producers of products and resources. Ultimately, skills will be gained to build wealth and break the cycle of generational poverty.
Goal: The goal is to enhance participants’ knowledge of financial literacy and to learn wealth-building strategies for thriving in today’s economy.
The course objective is to equip participants with skills as well as tools necessary to build wealth and reduce the number of people affected by generational poverty.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Recognize the differences between poverty and generational poverty, wealth, and prosperity.
- Identify the causes and impacts of poverty.
- Decipher poverty statistics and who is predominately affected.
- Evaluate the strategies for Building Wealth and Breaking the Cycle of Generational Poverty.
- Recognize your importance In the WBBCGP Process – Activity: “You Are Your Own Corporation” by Author Irene Booker.
- Identify How to Build Wealth.
- Understand the values, strategies, and techniques of liquidating assets.